Pear Shaped Mama Mojo?

I am trying a new thing.  

You know, those Resolution thingies. 

I am TRYING to eat fruit INSTEAD OF sugary treats.

(I know.)

I do not eat fruit every day but I do eat sweets and fatty snacks every day.  Several times a day.  (And yet my Fit Bit says I haven’t lost any weight.  Huh.)  Well.  

I am fabulous anyway.  (Thanks Jean, for smacking me, reminding me!)


I am speaking to a group of other fabulous mamas this week, and to another group the week after.  I am encouraging them on their Mama Mojo.  I’m learning alongside them about how to reconnect with Themselves as the darling, intelligent, amazing, gorgeous women they were before children.  B. C.  (God, were you trying to be funny?)

I’m struggling writing the talk.  I speak Thursday.  It will be AWESOME.  

But.

We are making people.  As Mothers we make people.  And endless mundane things like meals and beds and appointments.   It is so interesting and dull and vibrantly exciting....but we forget who we are. We forget who we want to be. I struggle with this and so I write and speak about this.  But it is hard!

Some of my research brought me back to my china plates.  That plate my pears are sitting on is my Grandmother’s china we use fairly often for special occasions.  After seeing this picture, taking this picture, and seeing it again...I went to get a matching teacup for my peppermint tea.  

It might not be a chocolate bit of nastiness eaten hastily over the counter before the kids come round and want it too....but this snack is GOOD.  Good for my body and this innocent little pear makes me feel like a Bombshell.  

Mama’s gettin’ her MOJO back!

No comments: