Random Things #6: Yarn Bombs and Fireplaces Warm My Heart




I still cannot quite get over “Fireplace For Your Home” on Netflix.  We do not have cable, so our handy ROKU feeds the instant Netflix stuff(They just got DISNEY, PEOPLE!) through our TV.  I LOVE candles, a fireplace.  I have little monkeys for children so there are like two places in the house I can burn real candles.  I’ve started collecting the led ones...not too bad, really.  Our house doesn’t have a fireplace, but with this channel we TOTALLY DO have second best.  It snaps and pops like a real fire and it is good enough.  Now they have the Yule Log ‘episode’ too & it plays CHRISTMAS CAROLS behind the snap and crackle of the fire.  PLUS if I burn a scented candle that is woodsy....mmmmm welcome, Winter!

I think wearing a $2.50 (thank you TARGET) turkey hat on Thanksgiving is a thing that should nevah happen again, You?



I lovehate that as an adult I never really enjoy McDonald’s anymore.  But who should?  UGH.  Do you see the * after cheddar?  Turn that cup of chemical laden Coke Zero evil and see it isn’t really cheese.  But we knew that.  UGH (Thank you Carrie for hooking me on Coke Zero, and thank you Liz, because of your inspirational changes I am quitting Diet Coke & Coke Zero too!)



My Funny Hubby stick a broken pen doohickey into a random crayon.  I am endlessly blessed that I married someone who makes me laugh.  



I really resonated with this wall installation in Chicago, it is in a pedestrian walkway towards Navy Pier.  Advocate.  Action.  I need more action in my life and I am creating that into reality.  This week at least.


Yarn bombing, yarn graffiti, it has many names.  An urban hobby of placing a small bit of soft fiber in an unexpected place like a tree, doorknob, statue!  It makes me happy to bring a small spot of irreverence into other people’s daily lives.  Plus it is faster than making a scarf or whathaveyou.  This sad little notion was to honor one of my mothers, Sandra, who died this week.  It is on a tree trunk outside her temple and I pray it makes someone smile no matter what.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found
a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab
inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go
back! LoL I know this is completely off topic but I had to
tell someone!
Also see my web page - three