Bodacious Blog of the Week: Happiness Project & Anne Lamott

I think I need to be reading  and enjoying more blogs, so I am starting this bit of fabulousness up again, the weekly Bodacious Blog.  


Funny, I went straight to the Happiness Project blog and found.....drumroll.....Gretchen Rubin is interviewing Anne Lamott today.  In the meantime she gave ten writing tips from Lamott's book "Bird by Bird" which I currently have from the library and am going to be searching under couches for today.

Anne Lamott is one of my favorite authors and I've only read ONE of her books, Traveling Mercies, but I am currently reading two others now, All New People and Bird by Bird.  

Long ago a friend in bible study gave me the first Anne Lamott book, saying she reminded her of me.  As I read the book and the hot mess of faith and cynicism and humor and desire for God in a real (hilarious & cussing) woman I totally understood why.  I found a place where my reality clambanging into my faith was OK.  Not even ok, but someone else felt that way too.

The book I am writing and have been writing for years and years will be titled from a line in her book and I just cannot wait.  Anne Lamott has a way of writing that is so gritty and real that you feel all your hidden idiosyncrasies and insecurities are actually endearing like hers!  

Thank you Gretchen Rubin for increasing my happiness one hundred fold today.  Both of your books bless me mightily and I talk about parts of them when I speak to groups. Thank you Thank you Thank you.  I cannot wait to read your interview.

No comments: