Sometimes I Won't Write

My personal writer's block!


Sometimes I won't write.  


While blogging gives me intellectual fun and I'm grateful beyond measure to hear people say "I read your blog and love it!" or leave comments about something on a post....it doesn't really matter.  


When I feel the need to say something other than "I'm a stay at home mama." and saying "I do NPR personal commentaries and have a blog!" makes me feel more interesting...it isn't my first priority right now.  


Finally kayaking with PK!


Plus, the truth is  I am not more interesting, I just FEEL like I am more interesting.  Since this is my blog it is ALL ABOUT ME, right?  


Or is it?  


I blog because I want to encourage other people.  I do this by sharing interesting things, food, blogs, events.  I share my customer service and product reviews.  I share my personal mishaps in order to offer space for others to admit their shortcomings freely.  I do not want to blog to hear myself prattle, I want to help, encourage and entertain YOU.  


On the weeks when I post a lot, I look at my stats and get oh so excited to see hundreds of people reading my posts.  HUNDREDS!!!!  THANK YOU all so very much for validating my words online.


When I only post here and there, maybe 40 folks read.  AND THAT IS SO AWESOME.  SO AWESOME!  Thank you, dedicated subscribers and sweet friends.  


Crepe breakfast on our teeny porch
If I can encourage anyone, I think this blog is worthwhile.    


But sometimes I won't write.


Sometimes I am yelling at my tiny children to go play and let "Mama work". 


(Facebook, email, blogging maybe, Pinterest....uhhhh work?  really?)  






When I find myself annoyed thoroughly by them I know I need to stop writing RIGHT THEN and play instead.  


And it is summer!!!!  SUMMER folks!  A beach is 20 minutes away. 


Water Girls!


I have a tiny and darling backyard and herb gardens and wildflowers and patio and HAMMOCK to enjoy.  


I have two tiny cupcake girls who will only be thisinterestedinme and want to be thisclosetomeallday for a short time.  


So I say:  Sometimes I won't write.  




I will be living my love out loud instead.

No comments: