Haiku Challenge Friday: Mormons & Jesus?


A group of friends and I did this many years ago when I was toiling away at a desk. We called it Haiku Challenge and someone would start with three words and we would all Haiku our hearts out using those three words in our haiku. It was tricky, consuming and TRES hilarious.

A Haiku is a three line poem with 5 syllables the first line, 7 syllables the second line and 5 again for the last line. My Dad is a BIG Haiku guy, he loves them and many of us have encouraged him to publish them in a book. I do it randomly and rarely but always enjoy the process. It usually starts with an idea or a moment in life I want to capture.

Haiku Challenge participants...just write your haiku in the comments of the relevant post!

Please email me a Haiku Challenge if you would like to be a Guest Challenger. Include the three words and your starting Haiku poem.

Here is this week's challenge Haiku:

Mormon visitors
dad talks magic underwear
is Jesus laughing?

Your three words are: Mormon, talks, Jesus

Let's hear your haiku!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Here's what I came up with:

Wandering lost soul
Then he talks to a Morman
Glad he found Jesus

Meh - I tried.

Heather Novak said...

Hey Meg that was fantastic! Thanks for playing.  There used to be like ten of us doing it now I blog it and only hear crickets.  *sigh*