Haiku Challenge Friday: Davy Jones Music


Please email me a Haiku Challenge if you would like to be a Guest Challenger. Include the topic, one word to work with and your starting Haiku poem.

A group of friends and I did this many years ago when I was toiling away at a desk. We called it Haiku Challenge and someone would start with three words and we would all Haiku our hearts out using those three words in our haiku. It was tricky, consuming and TRES hilarious. To make it simpler here and encourage new folks to play along, there is just one word to include in your haikus.

A Haiku is a three line poem with 5 syllables the first line, 7 syllables the second line and 5 again for the last line. My Dad is a BIG Haiku guy, he loves them and many of us have encouraged him to publish them in a book. I do it randomly and rarely but always enjoy the process. It usually starts with an idea or a moment in life I want to capture.

Haiku Challenge participants...just write your haiku in the comments!


Here is this week's challenge Haiku:

Hey Hey Davy Jones
your music and joy will live
sorry to loose you


Your word to use is:  Jones

Let's hear your haiku!