Haiku Challenge Friday: Pinterest or Facebook?

for Haiku Thursday, it is moving to Fridays from now on. It will be called...wait for it...Haiku Friday...instead. I won't let it go
because
it makes ME happy and isn't that what blogging is all about?

A group of friends and I did this many years ago when I was toiling away at a desk. We called it Haiku Challenge and someone would start with three words and we would all Haiku our hearts out using those three words in our haiku. It was tricky, consuming and TRES hilarious.

A Haiku is a three line poem with 5 syllables the first line, 7 syllables the second line and 5 again for the last line. My Dad is a BIG Haiku guy, he loves them and many of us have encouraged him to publish them in a book. I do it randomly and rarely but always enjoy the process. It usually starts with an idea or a moment in life I want to capture.

Haiku Challenge participants...just write your haiku in the comments of the relevant post!

Please email me a Haiku Challenge if you would like to be a Guest Challenger. Include the three words and your starting Haiku poem.

Here is this week's challenge Haiku:

Biggest time waster:
Pinterest  or 
Facebook?
I'll test happily. 

Your three words are: Pinterest, or, happily

Let's hear your haiku!

4 comments:

Jen Hopper said...

I have yet to see

the appeal of Pinterest.Tumblr addict.

Heather Novak said...

Nice Haiku Jen, one beat short of last line, but don't smack me for saying so...THANKS for PLAYING.  MWAH.  I don't know much about tumblr, thought it was just peoples pics...will look now THANKS!  (And thank you for READING this!!!!!!! You were the first person I ever knew who blogged.)

Heather Novak said...

testing.

Jen Hopper said...

Sorry, I didn't get the notification of your reply! I do love tumblr. :) Golly, I feel so special, I've never done much remarkable in the way of blogging and i'm terrible about keeping it up! As for being a beat short-- you are right! I pronounce addict with three syllables because I emphasize the t but I don't think that anyone else really does. (a-ddic-t) 
It's been a while since I've written a haiku and I miss our weekly challenges! MWAH!