Tiny Red Kitchen: Laughing Cow Sweet Pepper SNACKS!


Am I the only one who thinks a 'lite' cheese called 'Laughing Cow" is awesome but maybe poking fun at my generous midsection?

My husband who suggests healthier diversions for us like a mug of hot tea instead of a pint of Ben and Jerry's (REALLY? Who is he kidding???) may be surprised but this is one of my favorite snacks as of late. Portia usually snags one off of my plate and it isn't typical toddler food. (Not that we offer her normal food anyway; don't all kidlets eat hummus and Thai food?)
I take one wedge of that chuckling bovine stuff...any flavor...and after trimming the top (and thus seeds and stem)

off of each sweet, sweet, SWEET pepper I smear 1/4 of the wedge in there and that is it. It is GREAT. Crunchy and creamy and fresh and savory.

I am a reformed cheese and Triscuit girl, and this is the best stand in. Keep your stringy bitter celery, slice open a pepper. YEAH!

p.s. Have you clued in yet this is NOT A FOOD BLOG? I'm such a foodie I eat whatever I am making SOFAST I cannot even get a final picture. Watchyourfingers....CHOP. NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

2 comments:

Adventures In Babywearing said...

This sounds SO good right now!!

Steph

jonmarsh80 said...

There are more than nineteen countries where you can find customers who are taking cheese.

The Laughing Cow