Tiny Red Kitchen: Whatever's at Hand Whole Wheat Pizza

Oh we love our pizza around here! We only order delivery once a month or less now that homemade pizza is a regular rotation in the tiny red kitchen. You have heard me rave about Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day here.

Well, their basic bread recipe? That is the weird looking mass in the big white bowl here. You can slather it with olive oil and let it warm up...and YUP! Make it into pizza crust. Awesome.


So I had a ball of mozerella, portobella mushrooms, aging grape tomaters from our farmer's market, basil the only thing that grew from our garden. My eldest peeled the garlic and tore holes in smoothed out the dough.
I had a cup of tomato sauce leftover...would have preferred more. I decided to stretch this into two pizzas since my Dad was joining us and we already fight over food on the table. The mushrooms etc. cooked down a lot so the toppings looked a bit thin. I added green olives on one pizza and blue cheese on another. PRIMO. I pre cook the crust at 400 degrees for about ten minutes. After it is assembled I throw it back in until everything is melting and turning golden brown; usually another ten minutes. I guess you are supposed to let it cool before before eating it. Whatever.

It was so good I almost didn't get to take a picture of it.

We supped out on the patio and uncharacteristically had a random tossed salad alongside. Try the crust recipe and throw literally whatever you have available right on there...EAT UP!

No comments: