Special Target Store Edition of Haiku Challenge Thursday, but on FRIDAY!


To learn the vaguely amusing story behind Haiku Challenge, read this.

A Haiku is a three line poem with syllables byline broken down to 5-7-5, or five syllables in the first line, seven in the second....hopefully you have caught on already.


Target stores have a "Haiku-pon" (Hi, Coupons!) ad campaign designed after my Haiku Challenge! Well, it COULD be designed after my Haiku Challenge. (You don't know, you don't know!) This brochure came in the mail and each set of coupons is a haiku! Here are just a few:

guess what's in my hand
it's a treat worth begging for
sit, shake, roll over

(and for those of us who love bathroom humor)

a soft, cushy roll
is a cozy, happy joy
sweet squares of heaven

(never before thought of my tp as cozy....huh.)


Since we all love a trip to Target, I am honoring them with this BONUS haiku challenge. Maybe I will get a gift card? OOOH! Maybe a gift card giveaway? (Target, are you there, it's me, Heather!)

Here is this week's challenge Haiku:

buying my small joys,
money leaves me happily.
Target Store delights



Your three words are: joys, money, Target


Haiku Challenge participants...just write your haiku in the comments of the relevant post! Better yet, send me a tweet too!

Please email me a Haiku Challenge if you would like to be a Guest Challenger. Include the three words and your starting Haiku poem.


Let's hear your haiku!

2 comments:

Adventures In Babywearing said...

Joys, you're always there
Oh pockets money burns through
Can't quit you, Target.


I got those coupons yesterday too!

Steph

HeatherCurleeNovak said...

Oh Steph! "Can't quit you Target" YES YES YES!