Haiku Challenge Thursday



A group of friends and I did this many years ago when I was toiling away at a desk. We called it Haiku Challenge and someone would start with three words and we would all Haiku our hearts out using those three words in our haiku. It was tricky, consuming and TRES hilarious.

A Haiku is a three line poem with 5 syllables the first line, 7 syllables the second line and 5 again for the last line. My Dad is a BIG Haiku guy, he loves them and many of us have encouraged him to publish them in a book. I do it randomly and rarely but always enjoy the process. It usually starts with an idea or a moment in life I want to capture.

Haiku Challenge participants...just write your haiku in the comments of the relevant post!

Please email me a Haiku Challenge if you would like to be a Guest Challenger. Include the three words and your starting Haiku poem.

Here is this week's challenge Haiku:

parting is such sweet
oh heck who am I kidding
I'm glad you are gone

Your three words are: parting, who and glad.


Let's hear your haiku!

2 comments:

The Bearded Iris said...

Really, Mom, I'm glad!
Parting your hair on THAT side?
Who am I to judge?

HeatherCurleeNovak said...

vs parting it not at all Beatles style eh? LOL. You make my week better Iris. Thank you. Why aren't fourty -six people doing the haikus? Am I truly that nerdy?