Haiku Challenge Thursday


A Haiku is a three line poem with 5 syllables the first line, 7 syllables the second line and 5 again for the last line. My Dad is a BIG Haiku guy, he loves them and many of us have encouraged him to publish them in a book. I do it randomly and rarely but always enjoy the process. It usually starts with an idea or a moment in life I want to capture.

Haiku Challenge participants...just write your haiku in the comments being sure to include the THREE WORDS for the week.

Please email me a Haiku Challenge if you would like to be a Guest Challenger. Include the three words and your starting Haiku poem.

HAIKU TWO:

Good Lord I love food!
Bacon, blue cheese, chocolate
(But not together?)

THIS WEEKS WORDS TO INCLUDE ARE: love, blue, not

6 comments:

John said...

Another Runningback Haiku

Arian feels blue
His hamstring loves the twitter
Texan's coach does not

George said...

I bleed and my heart
pumps red. I have not a true
love, but my heart's blue.

John said...

I posted this to Facebook, but apparently Arian Foster's hammy now has a Twitter account. If only I had one, then I would post my Hiaku there.

http://twitter.com/#!/AFosterHammy

HeatherCurleeNovak said...

You two gentlemen are marvelous. Now if only you had some competition! Where is that Jean DeWinter???

Anonymous said...

love is not gentle
it can beat us black and blue
(not like Chris Brown though)
Whitney

HeatherCurleeNovak said...

Good one Whitney, welcome to the haiku challenge.